Sequin Cardigan

This cardigan was on its way out! In fact the sequins in the knit were quite scratchy on my neck. I measured the front and back neck edges and went in search of the widest velvet ribbon I could find, which was 6cm wide. I removed the buttons and used them on it again later. I sewed onto the wrong side first and then folded the ribbon over to the front and edge stitched it on, remade the buttonholes and finished. Looks better, and in this case has become much more comfortable to wear. (This wasn’t an original idea – I had a Jigsaw cardigan in the late 90’s with a velvet edge!) A very quick fix.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s